View : 157 Download: 0
Localized spin-flip excitations in hexagonal HoMnO3
- Localized spin-flip excitations in hexagonal HoMnO3
- Nam, Ji-Yeon; Kim, Seung; Hien Thi Minh Nguyen; Chen, Xiang-Bai; Choi, Mahn-Soo; Lee, Daesu; Noh, T. W.; Yang, In-Sang
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY
- JOURNAL OF RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 2298 - 2304
- hexagonal HoMnO3; multiferroics; resonance Raman spectroscopy; spin-flip excitations; spin-frustrated triangular network
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Growing demands for ultra-fast switching of spins have turned attention to optically controlled spintronics, which indeed has recently been demonstrated promising. Here we report localized spin-flip excitations revealed by resonance inelastic light scattering on hexagonal holmium manganite thin films with the magnetic manganese ions substituted by the nonmagnetic gallium ions (HoMn1 -xGaxO3). Our analyses on a broad Raman peak support that the corresponding spin excitation is associated with flipping of all three Mn(3+)spins in the elementary trimer of manganese ions and hence maintains the same excitation energy determined by the intrinsic spin-spin interaction between Mn(3+)ions. The nonmagnetic gallium ions only reduce the population of the spin excitations by breaking the spin-frustrated triangular network. Such localized spin-flip excitations show another promise towards optically controlled spin devices.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.