View : 123 Download: 0
Feasibility of a Mobile Meal Assistance Program for Direct Care Workers in Long-Term Care Facilities in South Korea
- Feasibility of a Mobile Meal Assistance Program for Direct Care Workers in Long-Term Care Facilities in South Korea
- Jung, Dukyoo; De Gagne, Jennie C.; Lee, Minkyung; Lee, Hyesoon; Lee, Kyuri; Choi, Eunju; Chung, Juyoun
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL INTERVENTIONS IN AGING
- CLINICAL INTERVENTIONS IN AGING vol. 15, pp. 2019 - 2029
- dementia; eating; mobile applications; nursing intervention
- DOVE MEDICAL PRESS LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to assess the feasibility and examine the preliminary effectiveness of a mobile application-based meal assistant training program (APP) for use by direct care workers (CAs) assisting residents with dementia in long-term care facilities in South Korea. Methods: We adopted a mixed methods research design, which included a pre- and postintervention study and focus group interviews for the feasibility assessment. Participants included 23 dyads of older adults with dementia and their CAs from a long-term care facility in South Korea. Upon completion of the APP intervention, focused group interviews were conducted with six CAs and five nurses. Results: The results of paired (-tests showed that the effects of the APP intervention on the older adults with dementia and their CAs were not significant; however, the results of the focused group interviews support the potential usefulness of the APP for CAs. Conclusion: The APP may be applicable to long-term care workers who need meal assistant skills education.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.