View : 182 Download: 0
A needs analysis of mothers from multicultural family for child language development screening tests: Using Focus Group Interview
- A needs analysis of mothers from multicultural family for child language development screening tests: Using Focus Group Interview
- Choi E.J.; Jung S.-I.; Yim D.; Kim Y.T.
- Ewha Authors
- 김영태; 임동선
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영태; 임동선
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Communication Sciences and Disorders vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 565 - 575
- Focus Group Interview; Language screening test; Multicultural family; Needs analysis; Qualitative research
- Korean Academy of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Children from multicultural families tend to have issues with various areas of language development. As such, it is important to do early screening of the language development of children from multicultural families to determine their level of development. To this end, language development screening tests that reflect the special nature of multicultural families should be designed. There is a need for qualitative research because quantitative research alone cannot reflect the real needs of people from multicultural families. In accordance with this need, this study sought to analyze the perceptions and needs of mothers of multicultural families to assist in language development screening for children. Methods: Eleven mothers of multicultural families were chosen to participate in the study and were divided into two groups. The researcher conducted a Focus Group Interview (FGI) and then analyzed the results. Results: The results of the interview were analyzed and categorized based on three main topics (results from the experience of language development test, difficulty in assessing the child's language development, and demand for improvement of the language development test) and nine subtopics. Conclusion: In order to develop a language development screening test for children from multicultural families, consideration needs to be given to language barriers, language development information, and the language development test. © 2019 Korean Academy of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 언어병리학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.