View : 276 Download: 0
Learning-based logistics planning and scheduling for crowdsourced parcel delivery
- Learning-based logistics planning and scheduling for crowdsourced parcel delivery
- Kang, Yuncheol; Lee, Seokgi; Chung, Byung Do
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- COMPUTERS & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTERS & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING vol. 132, pp. 271 - 279
- Reinforcement learning; Crowdsourced parcel delivery; Admission control; Continuous feedback variable control; On-demand delivery service
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Today many domains have begun dealing with more complex and practical problems thanks to advances in artificial intelligence. In this paper, we study the crowdsourced parcel delivery problem, a new type of transportation, with consideration of complex and practical cases, such as multiple delivery vehicles, just-in-time (JIT) pickup and delivery, minimum fuel consumption, and maximum profitability. For this we suggest a learning-based logistics planning and scheduling (LIPS) algorithm that controls admission of order requests and schedules the routes of multiple vehicles altogether. For the admission control, we utilize reinforcement learning (RL) with a function approximation using an artificial neural network (ANN). Also, we use a continuous-variable feedback control algorithm to schedule routes that minimize both JIT penalty and fuel consumption. Computational experiments show that the LLPS outperforms other similar approaches by 32% on average in terms of average reward earned from each delivery order. In addition, the LLPS is even more advantageous when the rate of order arrivals is high and the number of vehicles that transport parcels is low.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.