View : 609 Download: 0
Raman Spectroscopy Analysis of Free Fatty Acid in Olive Oil
- Raman Spectroscopy Analysis of Free Fatty Acid in Olive Oil
- Qiu, Jin; Hou, Hua-Yi; Yang, In-Sang; Chen, Xiang-Bai
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL
- APPLIED SCIENCES-BASEL vol. 9, no. 21
- free fatty acid; olive oil; Raman spectroscopy; relative intensity analysis; resonance Raman
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Free fatty acid (FFA) is one of the most critical parameters for evaluating the quality of olive oil. In this paper, we present a simple and rapid Raman spectroscopy method for analyzing free fatty acid in olive oil. First, FFA degradation of carotenoids in olive oil is confirmed by analyzing the relative intensity of characteristic vibrational modes and introducing an intensity decrease factor. Second, it is demonstrated that the relative intensity ratio of the two characteristic vibrational modes at 1525 cm(-1) and 1655 cm(-1) presents a good and rapid analysis of FFA content in olive oil; the relative intensity ratio decreases linearly with FFA content. In addition, resonance Raman scattering of carotenoid is discussed, showing that a green laser should be utilized to study FFA in olive oil.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.