View : 230 Download: 0
Development and Evaluation of Suicide Prevention Nursing Competency Programs for Visiting Nurses
- Development and Evaluation of Suicide Prevention Nursing Competency Programs for Visiting Nurses
- Kim, Jung Eun; Kim, Suk-Sun
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 14 - 25
- Home Health Nursing; Suicide; Prevention; Training Program
- KOREAN SOC NURSING SCIENCE
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to develop a suicide prevention nursing competency program for visiting nurses, and to examine the effect of this program on suicide prevention-related knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors. Methods: A total of 66 visiting nurses were recruited from 10 public health centers and divided equally into the experimental and control group. For the experimental group, the suicide prevention nursing competency program was provided twice a week for 120 minutes across 3 weeks. Participants were asked questions related to suicide prevention knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors at pre, post, and 1 month after the intervention. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, a t-test, repeated measure ANOVA, and Friedman test. Results: There were significant differences in knowledge and behaviors at the measured time periods, and significant differences in attitudes and behaviors between the two groups. There were also significant interactions between groups and times in attitudes and behaviors. These results suggest that the effects of the program were persistent until the 1-month follow-up. Conclusion: The developed suicide prevention nursing competency program is effective in evidence-based education for visiting nurses to increase suicide prevention-related knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.