View : 319 Download: 0
New analysis methods for skin fine-structure via optical image and development of 3D skin Cycloscan (TM)
- New analysis methods for skin fine-structure via optical image and development of 3D skin Cycloscan (TM)
- Han, J. Y.; Nam, G. W.; Lee, H. K.; Kim, M. J.; Kim, E. J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SKIN RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY
- SKIN RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 387 - 391
- skin fine-structure; optical image; wrinkle; pore; skin texture; 3D Skin CycloScan (TM)
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Background/PurposeThis study was conducted to develop methods for measuring skin fine-structure via optical image and apparatus for photographing to analyze efficacy of anti-aging. MethodsWe developed an apparatus named 3D Skin CycloScan to evaluatetheefficacyof cosmeticsby imagification of skin fine-structure such as wrinkles, pores, and skin texture. The semi-sphere shaped device has 12 different sequential flashing light sources captures optical image simultaneously in one second to exclude the influence of the subject's movement. The normal map that is extracted through shape from shading method is composed of face contour and skin fine-structure parts. When the low-frequency component which is the result of the Gaussian Filter application is eliminated, we can get only skin fine-structure. In this normal map, it is possible to extract two-dimensional vector map called direction map and we can regulate the intensity of the image of wrinkles, pores, and skin texture after filtering the direction map. We performed a clinical study to apply this new apparatus and methods to evaluate an anti-aging efficacy of cosmetics visually and validate with other conventional methods. ResultsAfter using anti-aging cream including 2% adenosine for 8weeks, the total amount of fine wrinkle around eye area detected via 3D Skin CycloScan was reduced by 12.1%. Also, wrinkles on crow's feet measured by PRIMOS COMPACT((R)) (GFMesstechnik GmbH, Germany) reduced 11.7%. ConclusionAccording to an aspect of the present study, by changing the direction of the lights toward to subject's skin, we can obtain the information about the fine structures present on the skin such as wrinkles, pores, or skin texture and represent it as an image.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 융합콘텐츠학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.