View : 364 Download: 0
Spatial heterogeneity of country-of-origin effects within a country: analysis of online review ratings in the US car market
- Spatial heterogeneity of country-of-origin effects within a country: analysis of online review ratings in the US car market
- Kim M.; Kim S.; Lee J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Marketing Letters
- Marketing Letters vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 189 - 205
- Car market; Country-of-origin effects; Geographic distance; Spatial analysis; Spatial heterogeneity
- Springer New York LLC
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- We investigate spatial heterogeneity of country-of-origin effects (COEs) within a country and its determinants. Drawing on the literature of COEs and information economics, we maintain that COEs are heterogeneous across regions within a country, which bears important implications to better understand subnational heterogeneity of consumer preferences. We employ a geographically weighted regression model, a spatial analysis to estimate varying COEs across regions in the USA, and analyze online review ratings of US and foreign car bands in the US market during the 2008–2014 period. The results show that (1) COEs of car brands from Germany, Japan, Korea, and the UK are heterogeneous across regions in the USA; (2) geographic distance from the country-of-origin exerts negative influences on COEs; and (3) the proportion of population born in the country-of-origin positively influences COEs. © 2018, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.