View : 309 Download: 0
Production of 5-aminovaleric acid in recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum strains from a Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared by a newly developed Miscanthus hydrolysis process
- Production of 5-aminovaleric acid in recombinant Corynebacterium glutamicum strains from a Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared by a newly developed Miscanthus hydrolysis process
- Joo J.C.; Oh Y.H.; Yu J.H.; Hyun S.M.; Khang T.U.; Kang K.H.; Song B.K.; Park K.; Oh M.-K.; Lee S.Y.; Park S.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioresource Technology
- Bioresource Technology vol. 245, pp. 1692 - 1700
- 5-Aminovaleric acid; Corynebacterium glutamicum; Metabolic engineering; Miscanthus; Pretreatment
- Elsevier Ltd
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- This study examined nine expired industrial Corynebacterium glutamicum strains with high lysine producing capability for enhanced production of 5-AVA. C. glutamicum KCTC 1857 exhibiting the highest lysine production was transformed with either original Pseudomonas putida davBA genes, encoding the 5-AVA biosynthesis pathway, or C. glutamicum codon-optimized davBA genes. C. glutamicum KCTC 1857 expressing the original genes had superior cell viability and 5-AVA production capability compared to the other strain. This strain produced 39.93 g/L of 5-AVA, which is the highest titer reported to date in fed-batch fermentation from glucose. Indeed, Miscanthus hydrolysate solution prepared from a novel process, comprising pretreatment, hydrolysis, purification, and concentration, was used as feedstock for 5-AVA production. A total of 12.51 g/L 5-AVA was produced from the Miscanthus hydrolysate; this value is 34.7% higher than that obtained from glucose in batch fermentation. © 2017 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 화학신소재공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.