View : 466 Download: 0
A study on professors’ and learners’ perceptions of real-time online Korean studies courses
- A study on professors’ and learners’ perceptions of real-time online Korean studies courses
- Lee H.; Park S.H.; Ha J.
- Ewha Authors
- 이해영; 박선희
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research vol. 12, no. 17, pp. 6946 - 6953
- Korean studies; Online education; Questionnaires; Real-time online courses; Satisfaction survey
- Research India Publications
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- This study suggests utilization of a real-time online courses for Korean Studies, and intends to investigate the effectiveness of Global E-School courses through surveys. Despite the increasing needs for Korean Studies courses at universities abroad, access to these courses still remains low; this is because most of the specialized Korean Studies courses in diverse topics are still conducted in Korea. For this purpose, E-Learning can be used, but its utilization is low because of the limited interactions between professors and learners. A satisfaction survey was divided into two parts: 1) program contents and 2) operation methods. Twenty-four professors and 73 learners, from both Korea and overseas, participated in the survey. The results showed that most of the professors and learners were satisfied with the contents of the programs and the way they were operated. However, in terms of enhancing learner motivation and technical aspects, they showed low level of satisfaction, implying needs for improvement. This finding is meaningful in that it suggests the possibility of using real-time online courses to open of Korean Studies courses at universities outside Korea. © Research India Publications.
- Appears in Collections:
- 국제대학원 > 한국학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.