View : 525 Download: 0
Raman scattering study of the geometrically frustrated pyrochlore Y2Ru2O7
- Raman scattering study of the geometrically frustrated pyrochlore Y2Ru2O7
- Bae J.S.; Yang I.-S.; Lee J.S.; Noh T.W.; Takeda T.; Kanno R.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Vibrational Spectroscopy
- Vibrational Spectroscopy vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 284 - 287
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Geometrically frustrated pyrochlore Y2Ru2O7, which shows a spin-glass-like transition at TG ∼ 80 K, were investigated by temperature-dependent Raman scattering. Three discernable phonons appear around 315, 410, and 510 cm-1 without any abrupt change in the number of Raman active modes within the temperature range of 10-300 K. Fitting each phonon with Lorentz oscillators, we analyzed the effects of temperature on the phonon frequencies and the linewidths. The temperature-dependence of the mode near 510 cm-1 shows abnormal behavior below TG, while the other two phonons follow the usual thermal effect of lattice vibration. This behavior can be understood in terms of spin-phonon coupling. Considering the atomic modulations of each phonon mode, it is conjectured that the 510 cm-1 phonon mode is isotropically coupled to the spin degree of freedom, while the other modes are not. © 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.