View : 256 Download: 63
Stimulatory effects of monoacetyldiglycerides on hematopoiesis
- Stimulatory effects of monoacetyldiglycerides on hematopoiesis
- Yang H.O.; Park J.-S.; Cho S.-H.; Yoon J.-Y.; Kim M.-G.; Jhon G.-J.; Han S.-Y.; Kim S.H.
- Ewha Authors
- 전길자; 한소엽
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 전길자; 한소엽
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 1121 - 1125
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- Monoacetyldiglycerides purified from deer antler, and identical synthetic compounds, have been shown to stimulate hematopoiesis. In the present study, we synthesized eight monoacetyldiglycerides, one of which, 1-palmitoyl-2-linoleoyl- 3-acetyl-rac-glycerol (3), was structurally identical to one of the naturally occurring monoacetyldiglycerides and showed the most potent stimulation of hematopoiesis by colony forming unit in culture (CFUc) assay, having a stimulation index (SI) of 1.54±0.23 at a concentration of 1.0 μg/ml. Moreover, 1.0 μg/ml 3 showed potent growth-stimulation activities on megakaryocyte culture, long term culture of Lin -Sca-1 + cells with irradiated MS-5 stromal cells (SI, 1.69±0.16), and on the number of cobblestone colonies (SI, 10.4±0.25). In a murine model, 3, at concentrations of 0.5, 5 and 50 mg/kg/d, i.p. and p.o., effectively stimulated hematopoiesis in vivo 7 d after syngenic bone marrow transplantation of irradiated C57BL/6 mice, when assayed by the colony forming units in spleen (CFUs) assay. These data suggest that monoacetyldiglycerides may have significant clinical potential for the acceleration of hematopoiesis. © 2004 Pharmaceutical Society of Japan.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Stimulatory effects.pdf(628.7 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.