View : 408 Download: 0
Real Life Parenting and Communication in English
- Real Life Parenting and Communication in English
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Deborah Sukyung Chin
- This textbook is designed for mothers who have toddlers and preschoolers (1 to 5 years old) and are interested in their children’s English education. According to Kim (2017, pp. 187-189), mothers believe that English is necessary in Korea and wish to start their children’s English education earlier. Many Korean mothers want to communicate with their kids in English to support the children’s language learning at home. They, however, often feel uncertain about their speaking abilities and end up sending their children to expensive language institutes. Therefore the main objective of this textbook is to help mothers improve their English communication skills by providing interactive and communicative activities. All the activities will be related to parenting issues which arise in mothers’ real lives and facilitate communication among mothers and between a mother and her children. The target students’ proficiency level is intermediate mid according to the ACTFL guidelines. They have studied English for over ten years in an EFL context and mainly focused on test preparation. They are able to perform uncomplicated communicative tasks but have frequent hesitations and inaccuracies in linking ideas and use communicative strategies. The target students attend two-hour lessons every week at a private language institute.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임.
이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.