View : 379 Download: 0
The Essentials of Process-Genre Writing
- The Essentials of Process-Genre Writing
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- I. Introduction
• Purpose: To create an English language textbook focusing on exploring and writing different genres as well as critical thinking
• Rationale: Prior to entering universities, the test-driven school curriculum in Korea does not provide enough opportunity for the students to explore various written genres beyond exam materials and practice writing compared to other language skills. Many students also do not have the chance to engage in critical thinking and expressing their ideas on non-exam based, authentic topics. This textbook introduces various genres students may encounter in their academic lives and further on for professional and social purposes. It also uses news articles related to each genre to motivate students to practice critical thinking.
• Target learners: Twenty four university students in Korea
• Proficiency: Intermediate-high level (ACTFL)
• Learning context: University English classes in Korea
• Process-genre approach
• Cooperative Language Learning (CLL)
III. Expected Outcomes
• Students will become familiar with and appreciate various written genres.
• Students will understand the contextual and discourse aspects of language use in different genres.
• Students will understand the non-linear and interactive nature of writing and develop effective writing skills.
• Students will be able to form the habit of critical thinking and expressing their ideas.
• Students will become motivated to think about current issues and expand their knowledge on various topics.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임.
이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.