View : 394 Download: 0
Sexual Knowledge, Sexual Attitude, and Life Satisfaction Among Korean Older Adults: Implications for Educational Programs
- Sexual Knowledge, Sexual Attitude, and Life Satisfaction Among Korean Older Adults: Implications for Educational Programs
- Park, Hyojung; Kang, Sook Jung; Park, Sungwon
- Ewha Authors
- 박효정; 강숙정
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박효정; 강숙정
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SEXUALITY AND DISABILITY
- SEXUALITY AND DISABILITY vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 455 - 468
- Attitude; Knowledge; Korea; Sexual activity
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The aim of this study was to: identify the sexual knowledge, sexual attitude, and life satisfaction in Korean older adults; and explore significant factors among demographic characteristics, sexual activity, sexual knowledge, and sexual attitude, that influence life satisfaction among Korean older adults. Participants were recruited in community centers and public parks (N = 571). Data were collected on sexual knowledge, sexual attitudes, and life satisfaction using three valid and reliable instruments. Data were analyzed using t test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, and hierarchical multiple regression. Educational level, gender, and living arrangement significantly affected sexual knowledge and attitudes (p < 001) among older adults. There was a positive relationship between sexual knowledge and attitudes (r = .490, p <. 001), life satisfaction and sexual knowledge (r = .144, p = .001), and life satisfaction and sexual attitudes (r = .121, p = .004). Age (beta = .16, t = 3.45, p < .01), gender (beta = .52, t = 2.07, p <. 05), presence of spouse (beta = -.12, t = -2.42, p <. 05), and sexual knowledge (beta = .10, t = 2.17, p <. 05) were factors with a significant influence on life satisfaction for older adults. When designing and implementing sexual counseling and education programs for older adults, individual background, sexual knowledge, and sexual attitudes must be assessed and considered. Also, those without spouses who live alone may need more attention because they tend to have low knowledge levels and negative attitudes toward sexual activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.