View : 221 Download: 0
Possible quantum Hall effect in a magnetic-field-induced phase transition in the quasi-one-dimensional CDW organic conductor, HMTSF-TCNQ
- Possible quantum Hall effect in a magnetic-field-induced phase transition in the quasi-one-dimensional CDW organic conductor, HMTSF-TCNQ
- Murata, Keizo; Fukumoto, Yuhei; Yokogawa, Keiichi; Kang, Woun; Takaoka, Ryo; Tada, Ryota; Hirayama, H.; Brooks, James S.; Graf, David; Yoshino, Harukazu; Sasaki, Takahiko; Kato, Reizo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PHYSICA B-CONDENSED MATTER
- PHYSICA B-CONDENSED MATTER vol. 460, pp. 241 - 244
- Charge density wave (CDW); Magnetic-field-induced-CDW; HMTSF-TCNQ
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- We have studied the angular dependence of magnetoresistance and Hall effect of the CDW organic conductor, HMTSF-TCNQ in order to see whether a magnetic-field-induced phase exists in the charge density wave (CDW) system, similarly to the magnetic-field-induced SDW phases in (TMTSF)(2)X. The anomaly in magnetoresistance was observed only around the pressure where the CDW is almost suppressed, i.e. around 0.8-1.1 GPa, but neither at low pressures (0 and 0.5 GPa) nor at high pressure above 2 GPa. This behavior is quite similar to that of (TMTSF)(2)X. At 1.1 GPa anomalies were found at fields of 0.2 T and 10 T. We speculate that at 1.1 GPa the field-induced phase is located between 0.2 T and 10 T, where 1D Fermi surface sheet and 20 Fermi-surface pocket are present. The R-xy shows plateau structure and R-xx was very small in the same region, suggestive of quantum Hall effect. (C) 2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.