View : 209 Download: 0
Observation of Barrier Inhomogeneity in Pt/a-plane n-type GaN Schottky Contacts
- Observation of Barrier Inhomogeneity in Pt/a-plane n-type GaN Schottky Contacts
- Phark, Soo-Hyon; Kim, Hogyoung; Song, Keun-Man; Kim, Dong-Wook
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1356 - 1360
- a-plane GaN; Inhomogeneous barrier; Current map
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- We carried our microscale and nanoscale investigations of the electrical properties of Pt/a-plane n-type GaN Schottky contacts. Using the thermionic emission (TE) model, we observed that both the barrier heights and ideality factors varied from diode to diode with a linear relationship between them, indicating a spatial fluctuation of barrier height. The thermionic field emission (TFE) model produced a better fit to the experimental current-voltage data than the TE model, which suggested that. tunneling, probably due to the presence of a large number of surface defects. played an important role in the Pt/a-plane n-type GaN Schottky contacts. A two-dimensional current map of the Schottky junctions using conductive atomic force microscopy revealed an inhomogeneous spatial current distribution, which confirmed the existence of an inhomogeneous barrier in the Schottky diodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.