View : 302 Download: 0
A Study on the Organizational Context for an Individual e-Learning Performance
- A Study on the Organizational Context for an Individual e-Learning Performance
- Um, Hyemi; Kim, Min Sun; Kym, Hyo-Gun
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INFORMATION-AN INTERNATIONAL INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL
- INFORMATION-AN INTERNATIONAL INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 433 - 441
- INT INFORMATION INST
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- The marketplace is undergoing constant change in modern times. It is within this setting, therefore, that a key factor that demands focus and attention is the development of human resources to manage information and knowledge in preparation for an increasingly competitive future. Accordingly, as the importance of learning and personal development increases, so does the use of e-Learning, which is now promoted in a variety of corporations. However, previous research on the field of e-Learning, in the business sector, has taken a perspective which focused on the employees' individual learning characteristics. Even if the causes for specific learning performances have been clarified to some degree these studies have not been of a practical research nature. However, this present study focuses on the verification of the influential factors, on an individual's learning performance in an organizational environment. For verification of the hypothesis, the researcher distributed questionnaires to 300 people in corporations where e-Learning has been a part of their educational programs. The research was conducted during October 2002 and analyzed through an SPSS 11.0 program. The results of this study are as follows: firstly, e-Learning strategies combined with management strategies have a significant positive impact on individual learning performances. Second, The organization's atmosphere is partially significant. The organization's enthusiasm for e-Learning has a significant positive impact on individual motivation and the learning performance. However, the innovative disposition of the organization is not considered significant. Third, the organization's Reward and Evaluation system also has a significant positive impact on an individual's learning performance. The academic significance of this study lies in that the present study has tried to approach the research from an organizational standpoint, whereas previous research on e-Learning has remained conceptual or from the perspective of the individual learner's learning characteristics. The Practical issues that this study presents are that e-Learning managers should realize the importance of, and try to find ways of promoting, learning motivation within the organization as well adopt the use of an e-Learning system. Besides this, e-Learning operation strategies and a more practical reward and evaluation system should also be implemented.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.