View : 391 Download: 0
Symptom experience in Korean patients with liver cirrhosis
- Symptom experience in Korean patients with liver cirrhosis
- Kim, SH; Oh, EG; Lee, WH; Kim, OS; Han, KH
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF PAIN AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT
- JOURNAL OF PAIN AND SYMPTOM MANAGEMENT vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 326 - 334
- symptom; experience; liver cirrhosis
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
Show the fulltext
- This study was done to examine the level of symptom experience, and symptom variation in relation to demographic and clinical variables, in Korean patients with liver cirrhosis (LC). Symptom experience was measured using a scale developed by the researchers through a literature review on LC Participants were 129 patients whose mean age was 53.6 (standard deviation [SD] = 9.28) years. The results indicated that (1) overall symptom experience was relatively low (mean 41.67, SD 24.71); (2) the main symptoms needing a management were fatigue, abdominal distension and/or peripheral edema, and muscle cramps; and (3) among the study variables, the severity of LC (P < 0.001) and the number of hospitalizations (P = 0.014) showed a significant relationship with overall symptom experience. These results suggest that symptom assessment requires a multidimensional approach and that it is imperative to consider disease severity in developing tailored symptom management Programs for Korean patients with LC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.