View : 524 Download: 0
Business English for Fashion Students
- Business English for Fashion Students
- Kang, Han Na
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Laura Eunae Park
- As the fashion industry becomes globalized with each passing year, fashion markets have been expanding internationally. In addition, they are becoming more and more competitive and customers’ tastes and preferences are becoming more diverse. As a result, fashion companies need to search for talented people with a remarkable sense of fashion as well as fluent English communication skills. Therefore, it is important to prepare Korean fashion students with the ability to communicate with competence in English and to help them develop their business English language skills in order to prepare for their future careers (Lee, 2008).
This textbook is primarily intended for college students who are majoring in fashion design. They will work abroad in fashion companies upon graduation. Some of them plan on going to the United States or England. These students will have an opportunity to study in the US or in England because of the academic ties that their college has established with fashion schools in the two countries. The target students include 15 males and females in their 20s. Their English language proficiency level is mid-intermediate according to the ACTFL scale. They have spent a lot of time studying English in college, but they lack oral communicative skills (Kim, 2006) because they have been exposed to English classes that have heavily focused on standardized language tests such as the TOEIC. Since it is difficult to use English test scores as a valid measure of communicative competence (Lee, 2004), the target students need to learn English for communicative purposes, particularly within the context of the fashion industry.
When the target students begin to work abroad, they will need to use English for various purposes such as introducing and explaining their designs, sharing their ideas and opinions with their colleagues, and dealing with customers’ needs. In order to prepare the students, this textbook will focus on helping them to develop their oral communication skills in English, particularly for the fashion industry.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임;☞ 이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.