View : 359 Download: 0
See the Forest and the Trees!
- See the Forest and the Trees!
- Park, Sun Ju
- Issue Date
- 외국어교육특수대학원 TESOL학과
- 이화여자대학교 외국어교육특수대학원
- Candice A. MacDonald
- Parents in Korea regard English Education as a key to success. As a result, Early English Education has been popular among Korean parents (Bahk, 2013). Along with the phenomenon of Early English Education, parents have high expectations of their children and want them to improve rapidly, even though exposure to English is limited in EFL settings. Since students in Korea do not have many opportunities to be exposed to English, reading English books is good exposure. However, it is difficult to find a well-balanced English reading program which has a balance between Intensive and Extensive reading. Therefore, the purpose of this Portfolio is to create a well-balanced reading textbook which combines Intensive and Extensive reading through a Task-based approach. Since Intensive and Extensive approaches have different roles in helping students to develop reading skills (Loucky, 2005, pp. 1-2), my Textbook will benefit a lot of students in Korea. In addition, according to Green (2005) “it is a fundamental misconception to see Extensive Reading program as a “stand-alone’ component (p. 308).” To make extensive reading successful, my textbook incorporates Extensive Reading with a Task-based approach.
- 석사학위를 수여받기 위해 제출된 포트폴리오임;☞ 이 논문은 저자가 원문공개에 동의하지 않은 논문으로, 도서관 내에서만 열람이 가능하며, 인쇄 및 저장은 불가합니다.
- Show the fulltextShow the fulltext
- Appears in Collections:
- 외국어교육특수대학원 > TESOL학과 > Theses_Master
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.