View : 66 Download: 0
On a new age-replacement policy for items with observed stochastic degradation
- On a new age-replacement policy for items with observed stochastic degradation
- Finkelstein, Maxon; Cha, Ji Hwan; Levitin, Gregory
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- QUALITY AND RELIABILITY ENGINEERING INTERNATIONAL
- QUALITY AND RELIABILITY ENGINEERING INTERNATIONAL vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 1132 - 1143
- age replacement; gamma process; gradual failure; long-run cost rate; preventive maintenance
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A new methodology for preventive maintenance of degrading items is discussed. It combines the classical age-replacement strategy when a system is replaced either on failure or on reaching the predetermined age, with replacement on reaching the predetermined level of deterioration at some intermediate time. Degradation of an item is modeled by the nonhomogeneous gamma process, whereas its failure occurs when this process reaches the predetermined deterministic level. It is shown that the proposed policy outperforms the classical one, i.e., it achieves the lower value of the corresponding long-run cost rate. The detailed numerical illustration is presented, and the relevant sensitivity analysis for the main parameters of the model is performed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.