View : 108 Download: 0
Iron and manganese oxo complexes, oxo wall and beyond
- Iron and manganese oxo complexes, oxo wall and beyond
- Larson, Virginia A.; Battistella, Beatrice; Ray, Kallol; Lehnert, Nicolai; Nam, Wonwoo
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NATURE REVIEWS CHEMISTRY
- NATURE REVIEWS CHEMISTRY vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 404 - 419
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- High-valent metal-oxo species with multiply-bonded M-O groups have been proposed as key intermediates in many biological and abiological catalytic oxidation reactions. These intermediates are implicated as active oxidants in alkane hydroxylation, olefin epoxidation and other oxidation reactions. For example, [(FeO)-O-iv(porphyrinato(center dot-))](+)cofactors bearing pi-radical porphyrinato(center dot-)ligands oxidize organic substrates in cytochrome P450 enzymes, which are common to many life forms. Likewise, high-valent Mn-oxo species are active for H2O oxidation in photosystem II. The chemistry of these native reactive species has inspired chemists to prepare highly oxidized transition-metal complexes as functional mimics. Although many synthetic Fe-O and Mn-O complexes now exist, the analogous oxo complexes of the late transition metals (groups 9-11) are rare. Indeed, late-transition-metal-oxo complexes of tetragonal (fourfold) symmetry should be electronically unstable, a rule commonly referred to as the 'oxo wall'. A few late metal-oxos have been prepared by targeting other symmetries or unusual spin states. These complexes have been studied using spectroscopic and theoretical methods. This Review describes mononuclear non-haem Fe-O and Mn-O species, the nature of the oxo wall and recent advances in the preparation of oxo complexes of Co, Ni and Cu beyond the oxo wall.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.