View : 125 Download: 0
Medication Adherence and Its Associated Factors in Laotians With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Medication Adherence and Its Associated Factors in Laotians With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Kang, Younhee; Hur, Yujin
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CLINICAL NURSING RESEARCH
- CLINICAL NURSING RESEARCH vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 331 - 338
- diabetes mellitus; medication adherence; self-efficacy; Laos; developing countries
- SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This study aims to explore diabetes mellitus (DM) medication adherence and its associated factors in Laotians with type 2 DM by determining the relationships among DM-related characteristics, diabetes knowledge, self-efficacy, diabetes locus of control, and DM medication adherence. The participants of the study were 175 patients who visited the DM clinics in Vientiane. The mean score of medication adherence was 6.26 +/- 1.57 (M +/- SD), corresponding to a medium adherence level. In the regression model, a total variance of medication adherence explained was 11.4%. Employment status, duration of illness, and self-efficacy were significant factors for predicting medication adherence. Self-efficacy was found to be the most important factor in explaining the variance of medication adherence. These findings indicate the need to develop an intervention program and clinical strategies in Laos promoting diabetic medication adherence that include diverse methods for enhancing self-efficacy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.