View : 120 Download: 0
Nurses and Nursing Students' Recognition of Good Instruction
- Nurses and Nursing Students' Recognition of Good Instruction
- Park, Mina; Shin, Sujin
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING
- JOURNAL OF KOREAN ACADEMY OF NURSING vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 101 - 115
- Nursing; Education; Students; Nurses
- KOREAN SOC NURSING SCIENCE
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify and assess from nursing students and nurses in the clinical field what constitute good instruction, through the review of nursing students' opinions and clinical field demands. Methods: The study design was used Creswell's exploratory sequential design by collecting and analyzing qualitative data obtained from interviews and then analysis of quantitative data. The participations were 79 seniors in nursing schools and 85 nurses with less than three years of clinical experience. The data were collected through individual interviews and analyzed based on Elo and Kyngas's content analysis method. The quantitative data were collected using the questionnaire developed based on qualitative results and analyzed by SPSS 23.0 program and Importance Performance Analysis (IPA). Results: The results showed that IPA extracted seven items with high importance but low satisfaction: "nursing fads and trends," "teacher-learner communication and reflection," "materials used in clinical settings such as monitoring results and test results," special presentations by experienced practitioners," "instruction assures learners' comprehension," "accurate and detailed evaluation standards" and "feedback on homework and exam." Conclusion: The factors comprising good instruction were verified, and the necessity for additional efforts to improve high importance and low performance factors was noted. Therefore, this study can serve as a guide for nursing education facilities and educators in developing of a thorough education system with excellent instruction designed to achieve an ideal nursing education.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.