View : 36 Download: 0
Imposing mixed Dirichlet-Neumann-Robin boundary conditions in a level-set framework
- Imposing mixed Dirichlet-Neumann-Robin boundary conditions in a level-set framework
- Helgadottir, Asdis; Ng, Yen Ting; Min, Chohong; Gibou, Frederic
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- COMPUTERS & FLUIDS
- COMPUTERS & FLUIDS vol. 121, pp. 68 - 80
- Finite difference; Level set; Mixed boundary conditions
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We consider the Poisson equation with mixed Dirichlet, Neumann and Robin boundary conditions on irregular domains. We describe a straightforward and efficient approach for imposing the mixed boundary conditions using a hybrid finite-volume/finite-difference approach, leveraging on the work of Gibou et al. (2002) , Ng et al. (2009)  and Papac et al. (2010) . We utilize three different level set functions to represent the irregular boundary at which each of the three different boundary conditions must be imposed; as a consequence, this approach can be applied to moving boundaries. The method is straightforward to implement, produces a symmetric positive definite linear system and second-order accurate solutions in the L-infinity-norm in two and three spatial dimensions. Numerical examples illustrate the second-order accuracy and the robustness of the method. (C) 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.