View : 34 Download: 0
Portable, one-step, and rapid GMR biosensor platform with smartphone interface
- Portable, one-step, and rapid GMR biosensor platform with smartphone interface
- Choi, Joohong; Gani, Adi Wijaya; Bechstein, Daniel J. B.; Lee, Jung-Rok; Utz, Paul J.; Wang, Shan X.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS
- BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS vol. 85, pp. 1 - 7
- Point of care; Portable and rapid diagnostics; Smartphone integration; GMR sensor; One-step magnetic immunoassay; Magnetic nanoparticle
- ELSEVIER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Quantitative immunoassay tests in clinical laboratories require trained technicians, take hours to complete with multiple steps, and the instruments used are generally immobile-patient samples have to be sent in to the labs for analysis. This prevents quantitative immunoassay tests to be performed outside laboratory settings. A portable, quantitative immunoassay device will be valuable in rural and resource limited areas, where access to healthcare is scarce or far away. We have invented Eigen Diagnosis Platform (EDP), a portable quantitative immunoassay platform based on Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) biosensor technology. The platform does not require a trained technician to operate, and only requires one-step user involvement. It displays quantitative results in less than 15 min after sample insertion, and each test costs less than US$4. The GMR biosensor employed in EDP is capable of detecting multiple biomarkers in one test, enabling a wide array of immune diagnostics to be performed simultaneously. In this paper, we describe the design of EDP, and demonstrate its capability. Multiplexed assay of human immunoglobulin G and M (IgG and IgM) antibodies with EDP achieves sensitivities down to 0.07 and 033 nanomolar, respectively. The platform will allow lab testing to be performed in remote areas, and open up applications of immunoassay testing in other non-clinical settings, such as home, school, and office. (C) 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 휴먼기계바이오공학부 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.