View : 49 Download: 0
Therapeutic effects of three human-derived materials in a mouse corneal alkali burn model*
- Therapeutic effects of three human-derived materials in a mouse corneal alkali burn model*
- Han K.E.; Park M.H.; Kong K.H.; Choi E.; Choi K.-R.; Jun R.M.
- Ewha Authors
- 최규룡; 박미혜; 전루민; 공경혜; 한경은; 최은오
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 최규룡; 박미혜; 전루민
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology
- Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 315 - 321
- Alkali injury; amniotic membrane suspension; peripheral blood serum; umbilical cord serum
- Taylor and Francis Ltd
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Purpose: To compare the therapeutic effects of human derivatives in a mouse alkali burn model. Methods: The right eyes of mice were injured using NaOH. After alkali injury, one of the following agents was topically administered for 7 d: human amniotic membrane (hAM) suspension, human umbilical cord serum (hUCS), and human peripheral blood serum (hPBS), or saline. The epithelial defect areas on days 1, 2, and 3 degrees of opacity on days 2, 3, and 7, and corneal neovascularization (NV) areas on day 7 were evaluated. Histologic examination and mRNA expression levels of tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-α, interleukin (IL)-6, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2, MMP-8, and MMP-9 were also evaluated on day 7. Results: The epithelial defect areas in the hUCS group were smaller than those in the control and hPBS groups on day 3 (p <.05, respectively). The epithelial defect areas in the hAM suspension group showed smaller than those in the control and hPBS groups on days 1 and 2 (p <.05, respectively). The degrees of opacity were lower in all treatment groups than that of the saline control group on day 7 (p <.05, respectively). Corneal NV areas were not different among groups on day 7 (p = 0.20). The expression levels of TNF-α, IL-6, MMP-8, and MMP-9 mRNA and the infiltration of the inflammatory cells in all treatment groups were lesser than those in the control group on day 7 (p< .05, respectively). Conclusions: All treatments reduced inflammatory reactions and corneal opacity development. Corneal reepithelialization was faster in the hUCS group. © 2019, © 2019 Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.