View : 18 Download: 0
Photocatalytic Oxygenation Reactions with a Cobalt Porphyrin Complex Using Water as an Oxygen Source and Dioxygen as an Oxidant
- Photocatalytic Oxygenation Reactions with a Cobalt Porphyrin Complex Using Water as an Oxygen Source and Dioxygen as an Oxidant
- Hong, Young Hyun; Han, Ji Won; Jung, Jieun; Nakagawa, Tatsuo; Lee, Yong-Min; Nam, Wonwoo; Fukuzumi, Shunichi
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 정지은
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi; 정지은
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY vol. 141, no. 23, pp. 9155 - 9159
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Photocatalytic oxygenation of hexamethylbenzene occurs under visible-light irradiation of an O(2)(-)saturated acetonitrile solution containing a cobalt porphyrin complex Co-II(TPP) (TPP2 = tetraphenylporphyrin dianion), water, and triflic acid (HOTf) via a one-photon-two-electron process, affording pentamethylbenzyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide as products with a turnover number of >6000; in this reaction, H2O and O-2 were used as an oxygen source and a two-electron oxidant, respectively. The photocatalytic mechanism was clarified by means of electron paramagnetic resonance, time-resolved fluorescence, and transient absorption measurements as well as O-18-labeling experiments with (H2O)-O-18 and O-18(2). To the best of our knowledge, we report the first example of efficient photocatalytic oxygenation of an organic substrate by a metal complex using H2O as an oxygen source and O-2 as a two-electron oxidant.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.