View : 22 Download: 0
Aromatic hydroxylation of anthracene derivatives by a chromium(iii)-superoxo complex via proton-coupled electron transfer
- Aromatic hydroxylation of anthracene derivatives by a chromium(iii)-superoxo complex via proton-coupled electron transfer
- Devi, Tarali; Lee, Yong-Min; Nam, Wonwoo; Fukuzumi, Shunichi
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 이용민; Shunichi Fukuzumi
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; Shunichi Fukuzumi
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS
- CHEMICAL COMMUNICATIONS vol. 55, no. 57, pp. 8286 - 8289
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The chemistry of metal-superoxo intermediates started being unveiled in oxidation reactions by enzymes and their synthetic model compounds. However, aromatic hydroxylation reactions by the metal-superoxo species are yet to be demonstrated. In this study, we report for the first time that the hydroxylation of aromatic compounds such as anthracene and its derivatives by a mononuclear nonheme Cr(iii)-superoxo complex, [(Cl)(TMC)Cr-III(O-2)](+) (1), occurs in the presence of triflic acid (HOTf) via the rate-determining proton-coupled electron transfer (PCET) from anthracene to 1, followed by a fast further oxidation to give anthraquinone. The rate constants of electron transfer from anthracene derivatives to 1 in the presence of HOTf are well analyzed in light of the Marcus theory of electron transfer.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.