View : 292 Download: 0
Review of the recent Supreme Court decision on the causal relationship of occupational diseases
- Review of the recent Supreme Court decision on the causal relationship of occupational diseases
- Do J.-H.; Choe J.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the Korean Medical Association
- Journal of the Korean Medical Association vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 474 - 484
- Burden of proof; Causal relationship; Occupational diseases; Workers' compensation insurance
- Korean Medical Association
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- A theoretical study advocated for alleviating the worker's responsibility of burden of proof to establish the causality of an occupational disease, since such a responsibility is unfair to the worker. The recent judgment has adopted some of these arguments for alleviating the worker's responsibility of burden of proof, and the judgment is significant since it is the first Supreme Court decision to recognize the causality of occupational diseases. The judgment expressly confirms that it is more proactive to recognize the causal relationship between work and certain diseases, and to provide compensation for industrial accidents to employees who are exposed to harmful substances at all times. In addition, the judgment also confirms that coverage of industrial safety and health risks is in accordance with the original purpose and function of the industrial accident insurance system, which aims to share risks through public insurance. © Korean Medical Association.
- Appears in Collections:
- 법학전문대학원 > 법학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.