View : 63 Download: 0
Heat Transfer Characteristics of Aluminum Sputtered Fabrics
- Heat Transfer Characteristics of Aluminum Sputtered Fabrics
- Han, Hye Ree; Park, Yaewon; Yun, Changsang; Park, Chung Hee
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF ENGINEERED FIBERS AND FABRICS
- JOURNAL OF ENGINEERED FIBERS AND FABRICS vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 37 - 44
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Al was sputtered onto four substrates: nylon, polyester, cotton/polyester, and shape memory polyurethane nanoweb, and the heat-transfer characteristics of the resultant materials were investigated by surface temperature measurements. The thickness of the Al layer increased linearly with sputtering time. The heat-transfer mechanisms of the multilayer systems in terms of conduction, convection, and radiation were investigated under steady-state conditions using a hot plate as a heat source in contact with Al-sputtered fabrics. The Al-sputtered fabric was placed on the hot plate, which was maintained at 35 degrees C, and exposed to open air, which was maintained at 15 degrees C. The temperatures of the air-facing surfaces of hot plate-Al-fabric-air (i.e., Al-phase-down) and hot plate-fabric-Al-air (i.e., Alphase-up) systems were used to investigate the heat-transfer mechanism. It was found that heat dissipation to ambient air was much higher for the Al-phase-up system than for the Al-phase-down system. Heat-transfer coefficients of the Al surfaces were calculated and found to increase with the thickness of the Al layer. Furthermore, different conductive thermal resistances were observed for different fabrics prepared with the same Al-sputtering time. Consequently, differences in their thicknesses pore sizes, and thermal conductivities were suggested to have significant effects on their heat-transfer properties.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 의류산업학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.