View : 20 Download: 0
NEUTRON STARS IN THE GALACTIC CENTER
- NEUTRON STARS IN THE GALACTIC CENTER
- Kim, Chunglee; Davies, Melvyn B.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 165 - 170
- stars: neutron; pulsars: general; Galaxy: center
- KOREAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The Galactic Center is one of the most dense stellar environments in the Galaxy and is considered to be a plausible place to harbor many neutron stars. In this brief review, we summarize observational efforts in search of neutron stars within a few degrees about the Galactic Center. Up to 10% of Galactic neutron stars may reside in this central region and it is possible that more than a thousand neutron stars are located within only similar to 25 '' (<= 1 pc) about the Galactic Center. Based on observations, we discuss prospects of detecting neutron stars in the Galactic Center via gravitational waves as well as electromagnetic waves.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.