View : 21 Download: 0
A bivariate optimal replacement policy for a system subject to a generalized failure and repair process
- A bivariate optimal replacement policy for a system subject to a generalized failure and repair process
- Lee, Hyunju; Cha, Ji Hwan
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APPLIED STOCHASTIC MODELS IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY
- APPLIED STOCHASTIC MODELS IN BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 637 - 650
- dependent increments property; generalized Polya process; optimal maintenance policy; stochastic intensity; worse than minimal repair
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Traditionally, in the studies of the optimal maintenance policies for repairable systems, the nonhomogeneous Poisson process model, which corresponds to the minimal repair process, has been intensively applied. However, in many practical situations, the repair type is not necessarily minimal. In this article, a new repair process based on a new counting process model (so-called the generalized Polya process) is introduced. Then, the issue of the optimal replacement problem is discussed. A bivariate preventive replacement policy is developed and the properties of the optimal policy are studied. Illustrative examples are also presented. In addition, a comparison with a conventional replacement policy is performed.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.