View : 35 Download: 0
Comparison of volatile profiles in Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang prepared with different starter cultures during fermentation
- Comparison of volatile profiles in Fagopyrum esculentum (buckwheat) soksungjang prepared with different starter cultures during fermentation
- Park M.K.; Choi H.-S.; Kim Y.-S.; Cho I.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Food Science and Biotechnology
- Food Science and Biotechnology vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1037 - 1045
- Fermentation; Partial least squares-discriminant analysis; Soksungjang; Soybean koji; Volatile profiles
- The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- This study investigated the differences and changes in the volatile profiles of buckwheat soksungjang (BS) inoculated with multiple microbial starters (Lactobacillus brevis + Aspergillus oryzae, BS-LA vs. Lactobacillus brevis + Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, BS-LB) during fermentation using SPME coupled with GC–MS and partial least square-discriminant analysis. BS samples fermented for 5 weeks could be differentiated from other BS samples with shorter fermentation periods, and the BS-LA and BS-LB samples fermented for 5 weeks were separated. Acids, benzenes, and esters were main volatile compounds in both BS samples, however, their differences and changes were varied. The increase of 3-methylbutanoic acid was bigger in BS-LB than BS-LA, while the contents of 2- and 3-methylbutanal were relatively higher in BS-LA than BS-LB. Furthermore, the contents of esters of BS-LA significantly increased during fermentation. These results indicate that the volatile profiles of BS samples depend on the fermentation periods and the combination of microbial starters. © 2019, The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.