View : 172 Download: 0
Factors related to age at menopause among Korean women: the Korean Longitudinal Survey of Women and Families
- Factors related to age at menopause among Korean women: the Korean Longitudinal Survey of Women and Families
- Kim, Young-taek; Cha, Chiyoung; Lee, Mi-ran
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MENOPAUSE-THE JOURNAL OF THE NORTH AMERICAN MENOPAUSE SOCIETY
- MENOPAUSE-THE JOURNAL OF THE NORTH AMERICAN MENOPAUSE SOCIETY vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 492 - 498
- Depression; Education; Korean; Menopause; Perceived weight; Smoking; Women
- LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS &
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objective: The purpose of this study was to explore factors influencing age of menopause among Korean women. Methods: For this secondary analysis study, panel data for Waves 4 through 6 of the Korean Longitudinal Survey of Women were used. Women aged 40 to 60 who were menstruating at Wave 4 were included in the analysis (N = 5,437). Sociodemographic, health status, and health behavioral factors were examined to explore their influence on menopause using Kaplan-Meier analysis and Cox regression analysis. Results: Korean women who perceived themselves to be overweight or obese, who had depressive symptoms, or who smoked or were current smokers had higher probabilities of experiencing the onset of menopause, whereas those who had educational achievement lower than high school had a lower probability of experiencing the onset menopause. Conclusions: Various factors influenced menopause, including sociodemographic, health status, and health behaviors. Specific tailored interventions for the management of depressive symptoms and smoking cessation could be developed to target modifying variables for Korean women, in preparation for menopause. Also, the role of perceived body weight on menopause could be further explored to identify sociocultural factors for age at menopause.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.