View : 203 Download: 0
A Band-Engineered One-Transistor DRAM With Improved Data Retention and Power Efficiency
- A Band-Engineered One-Transistor DRAM With Improved Data Retention and Power Efficiency
- Yu, Eunseon; Cho, Seongjae; Shin, Hyungsoon; Park, Byung-Gook
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE ELECTRON DEVICE LETTERS
- IEEE ELECTRON DEVICE LETTERS vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 562 - 565
- One-transistor DRAM; SiGe quantum well; band-to-band tunneling; DRAM retention; low-power operation
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- In this letter, a one-transistor (1T) dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) with SiGe quantum well (QW) is proposed, and its performance is validated through the technology computer-aided design (TCAD) simulation. At the write operation, band-to-band tunneling is used and 1 V or lower programming voltage is realized by inserting the SiGe QW beside the drain. This QW also functions as the storage node, which enhances not only the current sensing margin but also the retention time (tau(ret)) compared with those of all-Si device. At an extremely scaled cell size and sub-10-ns write/erase operations, the proposed device shows 0.2-s-long tau(ret) and current ratio > 10(4). It has been verified that a single cycle of 1T DRAM operations consumes only 93.8 fJ.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.