View : 60 Download: 0
An Integrative Data Mining and Omics-Based Translational Model for the Identification and Validation of Oncogenic Biomarkers of Pancreatic Cancer
- An Integrative Data Mining and Omics-Based Translational Model for the Identification and Validation of Oncogenic Biomarkers of Pancreatic Cancer
- Nguyen Phuoc Long; Jung, Kyung Hee; Nguyen Hoang Anh; Yan, Hong Hua; Tran Diem Nghi; Park, Seongoh; Yoon, Sang Jun; Min, Jung Eun; Kim, Hyung Min; Lim, Joo Han; Kim, Joon Mee; Lim, Johan; Lee, Sanghyuk; Hong, Soon-Sun; Kwon, Sung Won
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- CANCERS vol. 11, no. 2
- pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma; systems biology; meta-analysis; machine learning; next-generation sequencing; transcriptomics; diagnostic biomarker; prognostic biomarker
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Substantial alterations at the multi-omics level of pancreatic cancer (PC) impede the possibility to diagnose and treat patients in early stages. Herein, we conducted an integrative omics-based translational analysis, utilizing next-generation sequencing, transcriptome meta-analysis, and immunohistochemistry, combined with statistical learning, to validate multiplex biomarker candidates for the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of PC. Experiment-based validation was conducted and supportive evidence for the essentiality of the candidates in PC were found at gene expression or protein level by practical biochemical methods. Remarkably, the random forests (RF) model exhibited an excellent diagnostic performance and LAMC2, ANXA2, ADAM9, and APLP2 greatly influenced its decisions. An explanation approach for the RF model was successfully constructed. Moreover, protein expression of LAMC2, ANXA2, ADAM9, and APLP2 was found correlated and significantly higher in PC patients in independent cohorts. Survival analysis revealed that patients with high expression of ADAM9 (Hazard ratio (HR)(OS) = 2.2, p-value < 0.001), ANXA2 (HROS = 2.1, p-value < 0.001), and LAMC2 (HRDFS = 1.8, p-value = 0.012) exhibited poorer survival rates. In conclusion, we successfully explore hidden biological insights from large-scale omics data and suggest that LAMC2, ANXA2, ADAM9, and APLP2 are robust biomarkers for early diagnosis, prognosis, and management for PC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.