View : 22 Download: 0
Trapping of a Highly Reactive Oxoiron(IV) Complex in the Catalytic Epoxidation of Olefins by Hydrogen Peroxide
- Trapping of a Highly Reactive Oxoiron(IV) Complex in the Catalytic Epoxidation of Olefins by Hydrogen Peroxide
- Engelmann X.; Malik D.D.; Corona T.; Warm K.; Farquhar E.R.; Swart M.; Nam W.; Ray K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition
- Angewandte Chemie - International Edition vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 4012 - 4016
- bioinorganic chemistry; catalysis; nonheme oxoiron intermediates; regioselectivity; stereoselective epoxidation
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The generation of a nonheme oxoiron(IV) intermediate, [(cyclam)Fe IV (O)(CH 3 CN)] 2+ (2; cyclam=1,4,8,11-tetraazacyclotetradecane), is reported in the reactions of [(cyclam)Fe II ] 2+ with aqueous hydrogen peroxide (H 2 O 2 ) or a soluble iodosylbenzene (sPhIO) as a rare example of an oxoiron(IV) species that shows a preference for epoxidation over allylic oxidation in the oxidation of cyclohexene. Complex 2 is kinetically and catalytically competent to perform the epoxidation of olefins with high stereo- and regioselectivity. More importantly, 2 is likely to be the reactive intermediate involved in the catalytic epoxidation of olefins by [(cyclam)Fe II ] 2+ and H 2 O 2 . In spite of the predominance of the oxoiron(IV) cores in biology, the present study is a rare example of high-yield isolation and spectroscopic characterization of a catalytically relevant oxoiron(IV) intermediate in chemical oxidation reactions. © 2019 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.