View : 203 Download: 0
Size and morphological analyses of ultrasonicated hydrogen-producing granules using a simple method
- Size and morphological analyses of ultrasonicated hydrogen-producing granules using a simple method
- Shin, Seung Gu; Ahn, Yongtae; Park, Chanhyuk; Choi, Yun-Kyu; Cho, Hong-Mok; Cho, Si-Kyung
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 2246 - 2252
- Hydrogen producing granules; Image analysis; Roundness; Analysis of variance
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- In this study, a quick and robust method using automated image analysis was suggested to analyze the size and the shape of biological granules. To verify this method, 6917 hydrogen (H2)-producing granule samples were scrutinized without any special equipment, and the results were statistically (ANOVA, t-test) interpreted at 95% confidence level to examine the effects of low-strength (LS) ultrasonication and effluent recirculation on the granular size and morphology. The fluctuations of both the size and roundness were identified even under same operating conditions. Both LS ultrasonication and effluent recirculation led to a 14% larger mean granular size. In contrast, LS ultrasonication but not recirculation significantly affected the roundness of H-2-producing granules. The findings of this study successfully demonstrated the feasibility of the proposed methodology, which can be a useful tool to analyze different types of biogranules. (C) 2018 Hydrogen Energy Publications LLC. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.