View : 72 Download: 0
Statistical and visual comparison of water quality changes caused by a large river restoration project
- Statistical and visual comparison of water quality changes caused by a large river restoration project
- Lee H.W.; Kim H.-Y.; Choi J.H.; Park S.S.
- Ewha Authors
- 박석순; 이혜원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 박석순; 이혜원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Environmental Engineering Science
- Environmental Engineering Science vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 23 - 34
- diagonal pair comparison plot; paired T-test; river restoration; Shapiro-Wilk test; sign-test; water quality statistics
- Mary Ann Liebert Inc.
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This article presents a statistical and visual comparison of water quality changes caused by a large river restoration project. Since water quality data are often shown as a non-normal distribution with high seasonal variations, appropriate statistical methods should be selected according to data characteristics for accurate scientific decision-making. In this study, a normality test was first performed using the Shapiro-Wilk test and two statistical comparison tests were then performed, including the paired T-test and the sign-test. Seasonality was considered by comparing monthly data pairs. In addition, a diagonal pair comparison plot was proposed as a visual comparison method. This plot is a graphic data display, where monthly paired water quality is represented by X-Y coordinates. From this study, it was concluded that the series of statistical and visual methods would be suggested for comparison of non-normally distributed water quality with high seasonal variations. © 2019 Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.