View : 59 Download: 1
Abnormal phase flip in the coherent phonon oscillations of Ca2RuO4
- Abnormal phase flip in the coherent phonon oscillations of Ca2RuO4
- Lee, Min-Cheol; Kim, Choong H.; Kwak, Inho; Kim, J.; Yoon, S.; Park, Byung Cheol; Lee, Bumjoo; Nakamura, F.; Sow, C.; Maeno, Y.; Noh, T. W.; Kim, K. W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B vol. 98, no. 16
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We employ an optical pump-probe technique to study coherent phonon oscillations in Ca2RuO4. We find that oscillation amplitude of an A(g) symmetric phonon mode is strongly suppressed at 260 K, a putative transition point of orbital ordering. The oscillation also shows a gradual but huge change in its phase, such that the oscillation even flips over with a 180. change across the temperature. Density functional theory calculations indicate that the Ag phonon has an eigenmode of octahedral distortion with conventional tilting along the a axis and antipolar distortion of apical oxygen. Careful inspection of the lattice captures an unusually large antipolar distortion in low-temperature structures, which may play a crucial role for the phase transition at 260 K.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Abnormal phase flip.pdf(6.02 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.