View : 6 Download: 0
Fast cell search algorithm using code block CPM in asynchronous W-CDMA system
- Fast cell search algorithm using code block CPM in asynchronous W-CDMA system
- Choi Jung-Hyun; Kim Nak-Myeong; Park So-Yeong
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference vol. 1, no. 52 ND, pp. 280 - 285
- IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, United States
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- Asynchronous mode W-CDMA system is known to be appropriate for the next generation mobile communication system, especially in a non-homogeneous cellular architecture. In this case, however, each base station needs to use different spreading code for identification, so it is a demanding task for a mobile terminal to find the best cell site and get an accurate code synchronization at the beginning of a communication. Since slow acquisition of a base station could mean the failure of initiation, a fast algorithm to accelerate the cell search process is essential. In this paper, a new cell search algorithm based on the binary code position modulation within a code block is proposed. Different cell sites are identified by different hopping code sequences, and each position modulation is performed by the hopping code. The proposed algorithm is proved to make the cell search time in most places in a cell much shorter than the previous algorithms, and to make the receiver implementation simpler.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.