View : 73 Download: 0
Effects of team diversity, transformational leadership, and perceived organizational support on team-learning behavior
- Effects of team diversity, transformational leadership, and perceived organizational support on team-learning behavior
- Kim M.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Social Behavior and Personality
- Social Behavior and Personality vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1255 - 1270
- Deep-level diversity; Differential attitudes toward diversity; Perceived organizational support; Surface-level diversity; Team diversity; Team-learning behavior; Transformational leadership
- Society for Personal Research
- SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- I examined the effects of team diversity, and the moderating effects of transformational leadership and perceived organizational support, on team-learning behavior in South Korean companies. I classified diversity into surface-level diversity, deep-level diversity, and differential attitudes toward diversity. I conducted empirical research with 133 teams across 5 industries. As expected, the results showed that team diversity exerted negative effects on team-learning behavior. However, in teams with strong transformational leadership, the negative effects of deep-level diversity diminished, and in teams whose members had a strong perception of organizational support, the negative effects of differential attitudes toward diversity also decreased. Theoretical and managerial implications are discussed. © 2017 Scientific Journal Publishers Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.