View : 277 Download: 0
Effects of aroma inhalation on blood pressure, heart rate, pain and quality of sleep among lung cancer patients who underwent pulmonary resection
- Effects of aroma inhalation on blood pressure, heart rate, pain and quality of sleep among lung cancer patients who underwent pulmonary resection
- Lee W.J.; Park H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Asia Life Sciences
- Asia Life Sciences vol. SUPPLEMENT 15, no. 1, pp. 901 - 912
- Blood pressure; Heart rate; Lung cancer; Pain; Pulmonary-resection patients; Quality of sleep; Aroma inhalation
- Rushing Water Publishers Ltd.
- Document Type
- This study examined the effects of aroma inhalation on blood pressure, heart rate, pain and quality of sleep in lung cancer patients with pulmonary resection. This quasi-experimental study was conducted with a nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design. Fifty three patients who underwent pulmonary resection included. Of those, 27 comprised the experimental group, 26 the control group. The experimental group was treated with aroma inhalation: aroma essential oil blended with 2% Roman chamomile and sweet orange oil for 4 days from post operation day. Control-group patients were instructed to inhale sweet almond oil. A vital signs monitor was used to measure patients’ blood pressure and heart rate. The Visual Analogue Scale was used for pain assessment; the Verran and Snyder-Halpern Sleep Scale was used to measure quality of sleep. Data were analyzed through SPSS WIN 22.0. Significant differences were shown in systolic blood pressure, heart rate, pain and quality of sleep after aroma inhalation in experimental group (p<0.05). Aroma inhalation is an effective nursing intervention for pain alleviation and improvement of sleep quality among pulmonary-resection patients. © Rushing Water Publishers Ltd. 2018.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.