View : 47 Download: 0
Evolution of silver to a better electrocatalyst: Water-assisted oxygen reduction reaction at silver chloride nanowires in alkaline solution
- Evolution of silver to a better electrocatalyst: Water-assisted oxygen reduction reaction at silver chloride nanowires in alkaline solution
- Kim, Su-jin; Lee, Seung-Cheol; Lee, Chongmok; Kim, Myung Hwa; Lee, Youngmi
- Ewha Authors
- 이종목; 이영미; 김명화
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종목; 이영미; 김명화
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- NANO ENERGY
- NANO ENERGY vol. 48, pp. 134 - 143
- Oxygen reduction reaction; Electrocatalysis; Silver halide; Nanowires; DFT calculation
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) is of great interest in various areas, including energy conversion. This paper presents the simple synthesis and characterization of one-dimensional silver halides nanowires (AgClNW and AgBrNW) as an electrocatalyst for ORR in alkaline media, as well as an investigation of the ORR pathway at AgCl. AgClNW and AgBrNW were prepared via a galvanic replacement reaction (GRR) between silver nanowires (AgNW) and a halide precursor. AgClNW exhibited excellent ORR catalytic activity that was comparable to or better than that for commercial Pt (20 wt% Pt loading on Vulcan carbon), demonstrating potential to replace Pt-based catalysts. A scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM) analysis supports the existence of an associative ORR pathway at AgCl, and first-principles density functional theory (DFT) calculations suggest that the high ORR activity of AgCl is possibly attributed to the up-shifted Ag d-band center energy in AgCl as well as the assistance of adsorbed water molecules.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.