View : 29 Download: 0
Synthesis and SAR study of new hydroxy and chloro-substituted 2,4-diphenyl 5H-chromeno[4,3-b]pyridines as selective topoisomerase IIα-targeting anticancer agents
- Synthesis and SAR study of new hydroxy and chloro-substituted 2,4-diphenyl 5H-chromeno[4,3-b]pyridines as selective topoisomerase IIα-targeting anticancer agents
- Magar T.B.T.; Seo S.H.; Kadayat T.M.; Jo H.; Shrestha A.; Bist G.; Katila P.; Kwon Y.; Lee E.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1909 - 1919
- 5H-Chromeno[4,3-b]pyridines; Anticancer agents; Hydroxyl and chlorine-substitution; SAR study; Selective topoisomerase IIα inhibition
- Elsevier Ltd
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- As part of our effort to develop potential topoisomerase IIα (topo IIα) targeting anticancer agents, we systematically designed a new series of hydroxy and chloro-substituted 2,4-diphenyl 5H-chromeno[4,3-b]pyridines. Total eighteen compounds were synthesized and tested for their ability to inhibit the function of topo I and IIα and proliferation of human breast (T47D), colorectal (HCT15), and cervix (HeLa) cancer cells. Except compound 11, all of the tested compounds displayed selective topo IIα inhibitory activity. Compounds 8–18, 22, 24, and 25 showed excellent topo IIα inhibitory activity than a positive control, etoposide. Most of the compounds appeared to be superior to reference compounds in their antiproliferative activity. Structure-activity relationship (SAR) study has shown that it is better to place the hydroxyphenyl group at the 4-position of the central pyridine for superior topo IIα inhibition and antiproliferative activity. Similarly, the 3′-, or 4′-hydroxyphenyl substitution at the 2- and 4-positon of pyridine ring is important for better activity than 2′-substitution. © 2018 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.