View : 22 Download: 0
Visible-Light-Driven Photocatalytic Water Oxidation by a pi-Conjugated Donor Acceptor Donor-Chromophore/Catalyst Assembly
- Visible-Light-Driven Photocatalytic Water Oxidation by a pi-Conjugated Donor Acceptor Donor-Chromophore/Catalyst Assembly
- Eom, Yu Kyung; Nhon, Linda; Leem, Gyu; Sherman, Benjamin D.; Wang, Degao; Troian-Gautier, Ludovic; Kim, Soojin; Kim, Jinheung; Meyer, Thomas J.; Reynolds, John R.; Schanze, Kirk S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACS ENERGY LETTERS
- ACS ENERGY LETTERS vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 2114 - 2119
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The organic chromophore 2,2'-(benzo[c][1,2,5]thiadiazole-4,7-diyObis(thiophene-3-carboxylic acid), T2-BTD, was prepared and investigated along with metal complex [Ru(bda)(pyP)(2)] (bda = 2,2'-bipyridine-6,6'-dicarboxylate; pyP = 3-(pyridine-4-yloxy)propyl)phosphonic acid), RuC, for light-driven water splitting in dye sensitized photoelectrochemical cells. The resulting co-loaded organic chromophore plus catalyst surface assembly was evaluated by photocurrent transient measurement and direct O-2 detection using a collector-generator cell. The complete SnO2/TiO2 core-shell-based photoanode exhibited an enhanced photocurrent (similar to 38 pA cm(-2)) compared to that with only the chromophore pA cm(-2)). A modest Faradaic efficiency of 12% was recorded for O-2 generation under 1 sun illumination in pH 3.9, 0.1 M acetate buffer solutions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.