View : 157 Download: 0
A concept analysis of fear of dementia
- A concept analysis of fear of dementia
- Lee M.; Jung D.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing
- Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 206 - 219
- Aged; Alzheimer disease; Dementia; Fear
- Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Purpose: This study tries to identify and clarify the concept of fear of dementia. Methods: The hybrid model method was used to perform a conceptual analysis of fear for dementia. Results from both the theoretical review of 35 studies and the field study with 8 community-dwelling older adults were included in the final stage. Results: Fear for dementia had 4 dimensions with 14 attributes including cognitive factors (direct experience of precursor symptoms of dementia, indirect experience of dementia, preliminary knowledge of dementia, impossibility of cognitive control, and confidence in dementia), emotional factors (negative feelings and pessimistic thoughts), social factors (social isolation, economic instability, embarrassment), and behavioral factors (existing health problems, making efforts to maintain health, impossibility of body control, peripheral autonomic nervous system response) along with 34 indicators. Conclusion: This study is meaningful because it reveals the attributes of Korean elderly adults' fear for dementia. In addition, the results may serve as a basis for the early assessment and management of fear for dementia. © 2018 Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.