View : 149 Download: 0
Optimization of sterilization conditions for the production of retorted steamed egg using response surface methodology
- Optimization of sterilization conditions for the production of retorted steamed egg using response surface methodology
- Cheigh C.-I.; Mun J.-H.; Chung M.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology
- Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 331 - 338
- Optimization; Response surface methodology; Retorted steamed egg; Sterilization
- Korean Society of Food Science and Technology
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- The purpose of this study was to determine the optimum sterilization conditions for the production of retorted steamed egg using response surface methodology. Sterilization processes for eighteen conditions using varying sterilization temperature (X1), time (X2), and method (X3) as the independent variables were carried out through a 32×2 experimental factorial design. Quality evaluations after sterilization included measurements of F0value (Y1), peak stress (Y2), pH (Y3), color value (Y4-6), and organoleptic test [preference for appearance (Y7), overall acceptability (Y8), and preference for texture (Y9) and egg taste (Y10)]. Dependent variables (Y1-10) of eighteen conditions were more affected by temperature and time than by the sterilization method. Eight factors were selected among the dependent variables as significant factors related to the quality of the steamed egg. Finally, by establishing an optimum range of each dependent variable and contour analysis, the optimum sterilization conditions for the production of steamed egg were determined to be 120°C for 25 min using a 2-step sterilization process. ©The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.